Most people view their website as nothing more than an online brochure. But by doing that, they’re missing out on a critical marketing opportunity – generating leads. Leads are potential customers who have shown an interest in your product or service. By collecting leads from your website, you can turn casual visitors into paying customers.
Without leads, your business is dead in the water. And getting visitors to give you their contact info can be tough, especially if your website isn’t very interesting or engaging. This article will help you capture leads from your visitors and have them begging your to take their contact information.
Lead Generation Websites…Converting Visitors to Customers
Lead generation websites are those that exist primarily to capture leads for a business. The lead gen website is the digital version of the old-school lead capture form, and its purpose is to convert visitors into leads.
A lead generation website usually has a very clear and concise message, and a strong call to action (CTA) that encourages visitors to take some kind of action, such as filling out a form, subscribing to a newsletter, or downloading an eBook.
The most important thing for a lead gen website is to have a high conversion rate, meaning that a large percentage of visitors take the desired action. To achieve this, lead gen websites must be designed with conversion in mind, from the layout and structure of the site to the copy and calls to action.
If you’re not sure if your website is a lead generation website, ask yourself this: Is the primary purpose of my website to capture leads? If the answer is yes, then you have a lead generation website!
13 Important Elements for Successful Lead Generation Websites
Now that you know what a lead generation website is, let’s take a look at some of the most important elements that all lead gen websites must have in order to be successful.
- A strong value proposition – Your value proposition is the reason why someone should do business with you. It’s what makes you different from your competitors and it’s what sets you apart. Your value proposition should be front and center on your lead generation website, as it’s the most important factor in determining whether or not a visitor will take action on your site.
- A clear call to action – Your lead generation website should have a clear call to action (CTA) that tells visitors what you want them to do. Your CTA could be something as simple as “subscribe to our newsletter” or “download our eBook.”
- An effective lead capture form – A lead capture form is a form that asks for a visitor’s contact information in exchange for something of value. The lead capture form is one of the most important elements of a lead generation website, as it’s how you actually collect leads.
- Eye-catching visuals – Eye-catching visuals are important for any website, but they’re especially important for lead generation websites. That’s because humans are visual creatures, and we’re more likely to take action if we see something that catches our eye.
- An irresistible lead magnet – A lead magnet is an offer of something valuable (usually digital) in exchange for a visitor’s contact information. Lead magnets can be anything from eBooks and white papers to coupons and free trials. The important thing is that they provide value to the visitor and incentivize them to give you their contact info.
- A thank you page – A thank you page is a page that visitors are taken to after they take action on your lead capture form. Thank you pages are important for lead generation websites because they give you an opportunity to thank the visitor for taking action and provide them with next steps. Next steps could include subscribing to your email list, following you on social media, or downloading another lead magnet.
- Compelling copywriting – Compelling copywriting is important for any website, but it’s especially important for lead generation websites. That’s because your goal is to get visitors to take action, and the way you do that is by writing persuasive copy that convinces them to do so. Some of the most important elements of compelling copywriting include a strong headline, benefit-oriented language, and a sense of urgency.
- Social proof – Social proof is the idea that people are more likely to take action if they see that other people have already taken that action. For lead generation websites, social proof can come in the form of testimonials, customer reviews, and social media mentions.
- A sense of urgency – A sense of urgency is important for any call to action, but it’s especially important for lead generation websites. That’s because you want visitors to take action now, before they leave your site and forget about you. One way to create a sense of urgency is to use language that encourages immediate action, such as “download now” or “subscribe today.” You can also use countdown timers to create a sense of urgency and encourage visitors to take action before it’s too late.
- A mobile-friendly design – In today’s world, it’s more important than ever to have a mobile-friendly website. That’s because more and more people are using their phones and tablets to surf the web, and if your site isn’t optimized for mobile, you’re missing out on a lot of potential leads.
- A/B testing – A/B testing is a process of testing two different versions of a website or landing page to see which one performs better. A/B testing is important for lead generation websites because it allows you to test different elements of your site to see what works best. This could be anything from the headline on your lead capture form to the color of your CTA button. The only way to know for sure what works best is to test it, and A/B testing is the best way to do that.
- Analytics tracking – Analytics tracking is important for any website, but it’s especially important for lead generation websites. That’s because you need to track your results in order to see what’s working and what’s not. There are a lot of different analytics tools out there. We recommend Google Analytics. It is the most popular, and besides that, it’s free.
- A lead nurturing process – A lead nurturing process is a system for follow-up with leads who haven’t yet converted into customers. For lead generation websites, lead nurturing is important because it allows you to stay in touch with potential customers and keep your brand top of mind. The best lead nurturing processes include a mix of email marketing, social media, and content marketing.
If you want to generate more leads from your website, make sure you address the elements listed above. These elements are essential for any lead generation website, and if you’re missing even one of them, you could be losing out on potential business.
Nevertheless, a lead generation website is only as good as its ability to generate leads. All of the above elements are important in their own way, but, if we had to choose just one element as the most important, it would be the lead capture form.
Lead Capture Form Best Practices
The lead capture form is what allows you to collect contact information from your website visitors so that you can follow up with them and turn them into customers. Without a lead capture form, you would have no way to collect leads!
There are many different ways to design a lead capture form, but there are a few key things that all effective forms have in common. First, they’re short and to the point. No one wants to fill out a long, complicated form, so keep your lead capture forms short and sweet.
Second, they use persuasive copywriting to encourage visitors to take action. The best lead capture forms are clear about what you’re offering and why the visitor should sign up. They also use strong calls to action (CTAs) that tell the visitor exactly what to do.
Finally, effective lead capture forms make it easy for visitors to sign up by providing clear instructions and labeling all the fields in a way that is easy to understand.
Design with Conversion in Mind
Remember, the most important thing for a lead generation website is to have a high conversion rate. This means that you need to design your website with conversion in mind, from the lead capture form to the overall design.
The lead generation process begins with a lead capture form. This is a simple form that asks for the visitor’s contact information, such as their name, email address, and phone number. In exchange for this information, you offer something of value, such as a free ebook or coupon.
When designing your lead capture form, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Keep it short and sweet – The shorter your lead capture form, the more likely people are to fill it out. Stick to the basics by asking for only the most essential contact information .
- Use persuasive copywriting – Your lead capture form should use persuasive copywriting to encourage visitors to take action. Use strong calls to action (CTAs) and make sure it’s clear what you’re offering and why the visitor should sign up.
- Make it easy to understand – Use clear labeling and instructions so that visitors know exactly what they need to do.
- Use an attractive design – The design of your website should be clean and modern, with a focus on conversion. Include images and videos to help break up the text and make your site more visually appealing.
Final Thoughts on Effective Lead Generating Websites
If you’re not already using lead capture forms on your website, now is the time to start. By collecting leads from your website, you can turn casual visitors into paying customers. So what are you waiting for? Implement a lead capture form on your website today and start generating leads today!
By following these tips, you can create an effective lead capture form that will help you generate leads and grow your business!
CTA: Pizazz Design can help! We specialize in creating lead generation websites that offer awesome lead magnets designed to get visitors begging to give you their contact info. Our team of experts will help you create a website that is both interesting and engaging, so you can start generating leads like crazy!
Pizazz Design can Help
We specialize in creating lead generation websites that offer awesome lead magnets designed to get visitors begging to give you their contact info. Our team of experts will create a website that is both interesting and engaging, so you can start generating leads like crazy!